I learned multiple things this Lent.
- Being off of social media has been one of the best things that I could have given up. There is way too much negativity in the world of Facebook. There are lots of positive things as well, when it comes to my friends and family, but for the most part, I have been in a better place being off it. I will reload the app on my phone, but I honestly don’t see me being on as often as I was.
- This depression of mine is not going to get the best of me. I realized that I have loads of support from many different places. This lent I have used the extra time off social media to read more…. and in that reading, I have learned that I can beat this demon, and I know I will.
- My relationship with God has gotten much stronger. I have put into habit a lot of different things this Lenten season, and they are now a habit.
- Spending time with my family, the best people in the world. Even though my son was sick during Holy Week, and kind of shot my plans out of the water, you know what, it was better to have that little guy clinging on me than anything else in the world. If I could find a way to get paid to stay home with the little ones, I would.
- Writing this blog. The fact that I have been compelled to write and actually started it was something I never thought I would do. It is amazing to see people actually reading this blog……. in the beginning I didn’t think that anyone would even read it, but this blog has become another habit, and I feel the need to write even more.
- I am not perfect, but God asks me to try anyway. My goal was for a blog a day for the entire Lenten season…. well, that didn’t work. I came really close, but it is humbling. I have a new respect for the forty days of temptation that Jesus went through.
- Lastly, I am so much more thankful for everything that I have in my life. I have no reason not to be thankful.
Thank you for following my journey. I pray for many blessings for you. I will be writing more…………